Astros put Kyle Weiland on DL
Weiland has bursitis in his right shoulder. His stint on the DL is retroactive to Wednesday.
The 25-year-old is 0-3 with a 6.62 ERA in three starts for Houston this season. He joined the Astros in an offseason trade with Boston.
Gonzalez has hit .231 in 16 games this season. He can be on the paternity list for up to three days.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Jose Altuve Houston Astros Triple Play Photo Display