Blake Beavan could miss next start
SEATTLE -- Blake Beavan still could miss his next start, though the Seattle Mariners right-hander is feeling better a day after he was forced to leave his start in the third inning after taking a line drive off his right arm.
Manager Eric Wedge said on Tuesday that Beavan had increased range of motion in his arm, but it was still too early to determine if Beavan will make his next scheduled start on Sunday in New York.
Beavan was forced out of Monday's game after being hit by the liner off the bat of Miguel Cabrera. The liner ricocheted off Beavan to third baseman Kyle Seager and started a 1-5-4-3 double play that ended the inning.
Beavan was replaced in the fourth inning by reliever Hisashi Iwakuma, who could be Seattle's main option to start if Beavan can't go against the Yankees.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera #24 Orange T-Shirt