Ryan Doumit day to day, not on DL
Instead, Gardenhire said Thursday that right-hander Nick Blackburn was going on the 15-day DL with a strained left quadriceps. Blackburn was pulled after two innings in his start Wednesday night at Detroit.
After that game, the Twins announced that Doumit had been put on the DL with a strained right calf. But Gardenhire now says he's day to day after an MRI revealed encouraging results.
"The announcement that he was on the DL was just a little early. We kind of got ahead of ourselves," Gardenhire said.
Minnesota recalled outfielder Ben Revere from Triple-A Rochester to replace Blackburn.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Minnesota Twins 9Forty Pinch Hitter Navy Adjustable Hat