Ryan Doumit day to day, not on DL
Instead, Gardenhire said Thursday that right-hander Nick Blackburn was going on the 15-day DL with a strained left quadriceps. Blackburn was pulled after two innings in his start Wednesday night at Detroit.
After that game, the Twins announced that Doumit had been put on the DL with a strained right calf. But Gardenhire now says he's day to day after an MRI revealed encouraging results.
"The announcement that he was on the DL was just a little early. We kind of got ahead of ourselves," Gardenhire said.
Minnesota recalled outfielder Ben Revere from Triple-A Rochester to replace Blackburn.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Minnesota Twins Fly Ball Navy V-Neck T-Shirt