Ozzie Guillen sends final tweet
ATLANTA -- Ozzie Guillen has bad news for his 230,927 Twitter followers: He says he has posted his final tweet.
Guillen, the sometimes outspoken Miami Marlins' manager, said Thursday: "I hate Twitter. I don't need the aggravation ... so many nasty people."
He announced on his (at)OzzieGuillen Twitter account his departure in English and Spanish by saying, "my last tweet. me ultimo tweet good luck buena suerte."
The 47-year-old Guillen says he advises his followers to follow Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison. Guillen says Morrison is "more fun" and "has better stuff than me."
Guillen's most recent tweets were about the death of his friend and former White Sox pitcher Kevin Hickey.
Guillen tweeted, "my man kevin hickey go to better life rip my brother."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Miami Marlins Giancarlo Stanton Black T-Shirt