Allen Craig, Kyle McClellan to DL
LOS ANGELES -- The St. Louis Cardinals placed outfielder Allen Craig on the 15-day disabled list Friday because of a left hamstring strain, along with reliever Kyle McClellan because of an elbow strain.
The move with Craig is retroactive to May 17. He was hitting .373 in 13 games with 19 RBIs and five home runs -- all of them during a seven-game stretch. He began the season on the DL with a sore right knee.
McClellan had a 5.30 ERA in 16 appearances, allowing 11 earned runs, 16 hits and nine walks in 18 2/3 innings.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Court rules MLB can depose A-Rod's cousin
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- Yankees hit with $28M luxury tax bill for '13
- Pirates sign Ishikawa to minor league deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth St. Louis Cardinals Two-Fer Red Long Sleeve Shirt