Cory Luebke (elbow) out for season
The operation will be performed Wednesday by Dr. Lewis Yocum in Los Angeles.
Luebke said during a conference call with reporters Monday that he has a significant tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. The left-hander says he could return in mid-May next year.
Luebke was 3-1 with a 2.61 ERA when he went on the 15-day disabled list May 2.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mets send first baseman Davis to Pirates
- Ortiz, Red Sox anticipate emotional Monday
- Reyes to be activated by Blue Jays on Saturday
- Reds closer Chapman cleared to throw BP
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's San Diego Padres 59Fifty Home Navy Authentic Hat