Cory Luebke (elbow) out for season
The operation will be performed Wednesday by Dr. Lewis Yocum in Los Angeles.
Luebke said during a conference call with reporters Monday that he has a significant tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. The left-hander says he could return in mid-May next year.
Luebke was 3-1 with a 2.61 ERA when he went on the 15-day disabled list May 2.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS San Diego Padres Baseball Mat