Tim Stauffer gets second opinion
Manager Bud Black did not have a report on Stauffer's exam Thursday before the Padres played the New York Mets.
Black said Yocum thought Luebke made the right choice in selecting surgery based on the amount of tearing he saw in the ligament.
Black said Stauffer's situation is different because his problem is with the flexor tendon and muscle.
Also, outfielder Carlos Quentin, on the DL since having knee surgery during spring training, will begin a rehab assignment with Class A Lake Elsinore on Thursday. There is no timetable for his return.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear San Diego Padres Classic Keychain