Jonathan Lucroy back in Milwaukee
LOS ANGELES -- Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy will miss at least six weeks after returning to Milwaukee on Tuesday to have his broken right hand put in a cast.
Lucroy said he was hurt in a bizarre incident Sunday night in his hotel room, when he was reaching under the bed for a sock while his wife shifted a suitcase that fell and struck his hand.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke, speaking before Tuesday night's game against the Dodgers, said he was told Lucroy will miss anywhere from six to eight weeks but will not need surgery.
Right-hander Mike Fiers was the starter, marking the first time in Brewers history that both members of a battery were making their first start in the majors.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Neon Practice Anthracite T-Shirt