Michael Morse activated from DL
Morse began the season on the disabled list with a strained back muscle. He missed Washington's first 50 games before coming off the DL on Friday.
To make room for Morse, the Nationals optioned outfielder Corey Brown to Triple-A Syracuse. Brown played in three games with Washington after having his contract purchased from Syracuse on May 26.
The 30-year-old Morse batted .381 in seven rehabilitation games in the minor leagues. He hit .303 with 31 homers and 95 RBIs in 146 games with the Nationals last year.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Boys' Washington Nationals Game-Winning Run Red T-Shirt