Nationals recall Mike Gonzalez
Gonzalez was signed to a minor league deal in early May. After making one appearances with Triple-A Syracuse, the Nationals felt the left-hander was ready to contribute in the big leagues and selected his contract from Syracuse on Sunday.
The 34-year-old Gonzalez has 56 career saves. He pitched last season for Baltimore and Texas.
Washington general manager Mike Rizzo says of Gonzalez: "He's a very accomplished veteran. We thought it was a good fit for us at the time with some of the injuries we have in the bullpen."
The Nationals optioned reliever Ryan Perry to Syracuse and moved Storen (elbow) to the 60-day disabled list.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Phillies beat Wilson, Dodgers with rally in 9th
- Yanks batter Red Sox with bounce-back barrage
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Texas Rangers Adrian Beltre #29 Cool Base Road Grey Jersey