Stephen Drew moves rehab to Reno
PHOENIX -- Arizona Diamondbacks shortstop Stephen Drew will join Triple-A Reno this week for what could be the last rehabilitation stop in his comeback from a brutal ankle injury nearly 11 months ago.
Manager Kirk Gibson says Drew will join the Aces for their game Thursday night at Tucson. Gibson says how long Drew will be with Reno will be determined by what progress he makes there.
Drew broke his right ankle and tore apart the surrounding tendons during a slide into home plate against Milwaukee last July 20. Drew played seven innings in each of two extended spring training games at the Diamondbacks' spring training facility in Scottsdale on Friday and Saturday. He was a combined 3 for 6 with two walks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Arizona Diamondbacks Away Fan V-Neck Black Half-Sleeve Shirt