Carlos Santana returns to Indians
Santana went 0 for 4 in the Indians' 4-2 victory.
Indians manager Manny Acta made Santana his designated hitter, but he says he'll probably be back behind the plate Wednesday night. The 26-year-old Santana was diagnosed with a mild concussion and placed on the seven-day disabled list on May 27 after being struck in the facemask with a foul ball the previous day against the White Sox.
Cleveland optioned infielder Juan Diaz to Double-A Akron to make room for Santana's return.
Santana is hitting .239 with five home runs and 24 RBIs in 44 games this season. He hit 27 home runs last year.
information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Cleveland Indians Carlos Santana #41 Cool Base Road Grey On-Field Jersey