Orioles sign pitcher Jamie Moyer
The Colorado Rockies released Moyer at the end of last month, a little over a month after he became the oldest pitcher to win as a starter.
Moyer is expected to start for Norfolk on Saturday against Buffalo.
On April 17, Moyer earned the win with the Rockies in a 5-3 victory over San Diego to become the oldest starter ever to win in the majors.
Moyer is 269-209 with a 4.25 ERA in his 24-year career, playing for eight teams. He pitched for the Orioles in 1993-95, and also has spent time with Philadelphia, Seattle, Boston, St. Louis, Texas and the Chicago Cubs.
He missed the 2011 season while recovering from reconstructive elbow surgery.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Baltimore Orioles Adam Jones #10 Black T-Shirt