Chipper Jones may start rehab soon
MIAMI -- Chipper Jones, traveling with the Atlanta Braves this week while still on the disabled list, has resumed taking batting practice and might be ready for a rehabilitation assignment this weekend.
Jones, who plans to retire after the season, has been sidelined since May 24 because of a bruised lower left leg. Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Wednesday he wants Jones to play at least a game or two in the minors before returning to the Braves' lineup.
Jones is hitting .307 with five homers and 24 RBIs in 29 games.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Party Animal Atlanta Braves Fan Banner