Kevin Millwood leaves gem
Seattle Mariners right-hander Kevin Millwood left Friday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Safeco Field with a mild right groin strain after not allowing a hit through the first six innings.
Manager Eric Wedge and home-plate umpire Brian Runge came to the mound after Millwood appeared to have difficulty throwing a warm-up pitch before the start of the seventh. The veteran right-hander left the field and headed directly to the clubhouse.
Millwood only gave up one walk while striking out six. He had thrown 68 pitches.
Charlie Furbush relieved Millwood with the no-hitter still in tact and the game tied 0-0.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
- Rays turn back Yanks behind Loney's 4 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Seattle Mariners Printed Car Mats 2-Pack