Kevin Millwood leaves gem
Seattle Mariners right-hander Kevin Millwood left Friday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Safeco Field with a mild right groin strain after not allowing a hit through the first six innings.
Manager Eric Wedge and home-plate umpire Brian Runge came to the mound after Millwood appeared to have difficulty throwing a warm-up pitch before the start of the seventh. The veteran right-hander left the field and headed directly to the clubhouse.
Millwood only gave up one walk while striking out six. He had thrown 68 pitches.
Charlie Furbush relieved Millwood with the no-hitter still in tact and the game tied 0-0.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Seattle Mariners Navy/Grey V-Neck Raglan T-Shirt