Felipe Paulino lands on DL
Paulino was forced to leave his start Wednesday against Minnesota in the first inning because of a strained left groin. He is 3-1 with a 1.67 ERA in seven starts this year after beginning the season on the DL with a right forearm strain.
Right-hander Luis Mendoza will move from the bullpen into the rotation and start Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers. Mendoza pitched five innings in relief of Paulino on Wednesday and allowed two runs and five hits in the Royals' 4-2 loss to the Twins.
This will be Adcock's fourth stint with the Royals this season. He has an 0-3 record with a 3.74 ERA in six games, including two starts.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Harper back in Nats' lineup after benching
- Tigers release Opening Day shortstop Gonzalez
- Collins names Farnsworth Mets' new closer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Kansas City Royals Racerback Royal/White Tank Top