Carlos Zambrano says back is better
"It's not as tight as it was," Zambrano said. "Just going to take it one day at a time. Nothing to worry about."
Zambrano, who has had back trouble before, said he began the game in discomfort and then aggravated the problem. He left after allowing seven runs in 2 1/3 innings and took the loss, which left him 4-4 with an ERA of 3.55.
The Marlins have two off days in the next eight days, allowing them flexibility if they decide Zambrano is not ready to take his next scheduled turn.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Miami Marlins Fan V-Neck Black Half-Sleeve Shirt