Troy Tulowitzki aggravates injury
Manager Jim Tracy, speaking before Wednesday night's game against Oakland, said Tulowitzki tweaked the groin injury on Tuesday while playing for the team's Triple-A Colorado Springs affiliate as part of a minor league rehab assignment.
Tulowitzki was injured May 30 against Houston, pulling up after running out an infield grounder. He was placed on the 15-day disabled list the next day.
Tracy said the latest complication is not believed to be serious but team medical staff, in consultation with Tulowitzki, decided to lift him from his rehab assignment. No decision has been made on when Tulowitzki will resume his rehab work.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mets' Niese cleared to throw, sources say
- Feldman to start Astros' opener vs. Yankees
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Colorado Rockies Troy Tulowitzki #2 Alternate Purple Jersey