P.J. Walters has shoulder inflammation
Walters left Wednesday night's start against the Philadelphia Phillies after only 15 pitches with pain and stiffness in the shoulder. He gave up four straight singles and two runs to begin the game.
Walters is 2-2 with a 5.40 ERA in seven starts for Minnesota.
The Twins recalled right-hander Lester Oliveros from Triple-A Rochester to take Walters' spot.
In 12 games for the Red Wings this season, Oliveros went 1-1 with a 4.08 ERA , four saves, 22 strikeouts and five walks. He also appeared in 13 games for Double-A New Britain, going 1-1 with a 1.42 ERA and two saves.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Minnesota Twins Home Run Navy Full-Zip Hoodie