P.J. Walters has shoulder inflammation
Walters left Wednesday night's start against the Philadelphia Phillies after only 15 pitches with pain and stiffness in the shoulder. He gave up four straight singles and two runs to begin the game.
Walters is 2-2 with a 5.40 ERA in seven starts for Minnesota.
The Twins recalled right-hander Lester Oliveros from Triple-A Rochester to take Walters' spot.
In 12 games for the Red Wings this season, Oliveros went 1-1 with a 4.08 ERA , four saves, 22 strikeouts and five walks. He also appeared in 13 games for Double-A New Britain, going 1-1 with a 1.42 ERA and two saves.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sizemore's scoop caps Yankees' triple play
- Mattingly voices worry over threats to Puig
- Dodgers' Ramirez hit on hand, to miss game
- Red Sox 1B Napoli (finger) returns to lineup
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Boys' Replica Philadelphia Phillies Home White Jersey