Carlos Beltran (virus) out of lineup
ST. LOUIS -- Cardinals right fielder Carlos Beltran is out of the lineup for Thursday night's game against the Chicago White Sox because of a stomach virus, one day after hitting his NL-leading 19th home run.
St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said Beltran went straight home after Wednesday night's 1-0 win over Chicago. Matheny said Beltran's condition became worse and he went to the emergency room at a local hospital. The manager believes Beltran did not spend the night at the hospital.
Matheny said Beltran "possibly" might be available to pinch-hit, if necessary.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Jays shut out Indians, Buehrle still unbeaten
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth St. Louis Cardinals Allen Craig #21 Red T-Shirt