Roy Halladay throws off flat ground
The two-time Cy Young Award winner threw 30 times from 60 feet in an easy game of catch with pitching coach Rich Dubee. He'll do the same thing Sunday and could increase his workload in a third throwing session scheduled for Tuesday.
Halladay, 4-5 with a 3.98 ERA in 11 starts, was placed on the 15-day DL on May 29, two days after he was pulled from a start in St. Louis after just two innings because of shoulder soreness. He's expected to miss between six to eight weeks.
Also Friday, Chase Utley played four innings at second base and had five at-bats in an extended spring training game. Utley has not played this season because of chronic tendinitis in his left knee.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Harper back in Nats' lineup after benching
- Tigers release Opening Day shortstop Gonzalez
- Collins names Farnsworth Mets' new closer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Chase Utley Philadelphia Phillies Triple Play Photo Display