Evan Longoria to be re-evaluated
Longoria, set to start a minor league rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Durham, will have his staus re-evaluated Tuesday.
Longoria, on the 15-day disabled list with a partially torn left hamstring since May 1, will be the designated hitter for Durham on Saturday.
The three-time All-Star was hitting .329 with four homers and 19 RBIs in 23 games before getting hurt. Longoria was injured April 30 while running to second base on an attempted steal.
Also, Tampa Bay recalled right-hander Brandon Gomes from Durham.
The Rays placed designated hitter Luke Scott on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with back stiffness. Manager Joe Maddon said Scott will swing a bat Saturday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Tampa Bay Rays Evan Longoria #3 Navy T-Shirt