Brandon Beachy to see Dr. Andrews
Manager Fredi Gonzalez says team orthopedist Dr. Xavier Duralde confirmed the tear on Tuesday. Beachy will see Andrews on Wednesday.
Gonzalez says there's no word yet on how long Beachy will be out. Beachy has been bothered by bone spurs in the past, but elbow tears often need Tommy John surgery to fix and can sideline pitchers for a year or more.
The 25-year-old Beachy was put on the 15-day disabled list Sunday, a day after leaving a start early. He is tied for the major league lead with a 2.00 ERA and is 5-5 in 13 starts.
"I'm not thinking anything," Gonzalez said before the Braves played the Yankees.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth New York Yankees Cross-Body Navy Sheen Purse