Ichiro Suzuki gets 2,500th MLB hit
The 38-year-old Suzuki had 1,278 hits in nine seasons with the Orix Blue Wave of the Japanese Pacific League before joining the Mariners in 2001.
His 3,778 hits are the third most among professional players in either country, seven more than Henry Aaron and trailing only Pete Rose (4,256) and Ty Cobb (4,191).
Suzuki finished 4 for 5 on Tuesday night, helping the Mariners to a 12-9, 10-inning victory.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Ichiro Suzuki Triple Play Photo Display