Ichiro Suzuki gets 2,500th MLB hit
The 38-year-old Suzuki had 1,278 hits in nine seasons with the Orix Blue Wave of the Japanese Pacific League before joining the Mariners in 2001.
His 3,778 hits are the third most among professional players in either country, seven more than Henry Aaron and trailing only Pete Rose (4,256) and Ty Cobb (4,191).
Suzuki finished 4 for 5 on Tuesday night, helping the Mariners to a 12-9, 10-inning victory.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's New York Yankees Ichiro Suzuki Navy T-Shirt