Ichiro Suzuki gets 2,500th MLB hit
The 38-year-old Suzuki had 1,278 hits in nine seasons with the Orix Blue Wave of the Japanese Pacific League before joining the Mariners in 2001.
His 3,778 hits are the third most among professional players in either country, seven more than Henry Aaron and trailing only Pete Rose (4,256) and Ty Cobb (4,191).
Suzuki finished 4 for 5 on Tuesday night, helping the Mariners to a 12-9, 10-inning victory.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- CF Jones, RP Meek bitten by Orioles' flu bug
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth New York Yankees Ichiro Suzuki #31 Navy T-Shirt