'Clown question' shirts to be sold
Bryce Harper's famous phrase, "That's a clown question, bro," soon will be available on T-shirts, according to a report.
The Washington Nationals' young phenom told Comcast SportsNet on Thursday that Under Armour will begin selling T-shirts with his now often repeated catchphrase.
Harper quipped his popular words last week to a Toronto TV reporter who asked if the 19-year-old had planned to take advantage of Canada's lower drinking age after belting a long home run in a win over the Blue Jays.
Harper is a Mormon, a religion that forbids alcohol.
For a brief time, the highest trending topic on Twitter was Harper's response: "That's a clown question, bro." The outfielder's name also was among the site's most popular subjects.
Twitter users have been reformulating the phrase to fit different contexts, too.
information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pujols goes yard twice to join 500 HR club
- Ellsbury helps Yankees romp in Fenway return
- Fernandez strikes out 14, wins pitchers' duel
- MLB suspends Gomez, Maldonado, others
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Replica Washington Nationals Bryce Harper #34 Alternate Red Jersey