Carlos Beltran gets 2,000th hit
The switch-hitting Beltran, batting left-handed, singled to the opposite field against Kevin Correia to tie the score at 2. During a standing ovation while waiting on first base, he doffed his cap several times.
Earlier this season, the 35-year-old Beltran became the first switch hitter in major league history to accumulate 300 home runs and 300 stolen bases.
The RBI was Beltran's NL-leading 60th of the season, and gave him an RBI in seven straight games.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester's demand didn't fuel trade talks
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth New York Yankees Carlos Beltran #36 Navy T-Shirt