Aaron Hill hits for cycle again
MILWAUKEE -- Aaron Hill hit for his second cycle of the season Friday night against the Milwaukee Brewers, becoming the second major league player since 1900 to accomplish the feat twice in the same year.
The Arizona Diamondbacks' second baseman also singled, doubled, tripled and homered on June 18 against Seattle.
Babe Herman also had two cycles in one season for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1931, according to ESPN Stats and Information.
On Friday night, Hill doubled for his 1,000th hit in the first and then singled in the third. He hit his 11th home run of the season, a two-run shot in the fourth. All the hits came off Milwaukee starter Randy Wolf.
Hill tripled in the sixth off Livan Hernandez to complete the cycle.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Early brawl mars Brewers' win in 14 innings
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Red Sox notch walk-off victory on O's error
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Replica Arizona Diamondbacks Paul Goldschmidt #44 Home White Jersey