Knee sidelines Giancarlo Stanton
The move was precautionary and shouldn't impact his appearance in next week's All-Star Game and Home Run Derby.
"We thought he would take batting practice, see how he feels, but I don't want to take any chances," Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen said. "It is an early game after a night game and also last night's game was like 10 hours."
Stanton likely was available as a pinch hitter.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Miami Marlins Small Static Window Cling