Knee sidelines Giancarlo Stanton
The move was precautionary and shouldn't impact his appearance in next week's All-Star Game and Home Run Derby.
"We thought he would take batting practice, see how he feels, but I don't want to take any chances," Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen said. "It is an early game after a night game and also last night's game was like 10 hours."
Stanton likely was available as a pinch hitter.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Braves pull Kimbrel in 9th, hang on for win
- Braun's go-ahead HR caps 2-homer day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Replica Milwaukee Brewers Ryan Braun #8 Home White Jersey