Jonathan Papelbon stops fan
PHILADELPHIA -- Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon rushed from his seat to stop a fan from climbing into the bullpen during the seventh inning of Philadelphia's game against Atlanta on Saturday night.
A man wearing a yellow shirt ran onto the field from near the right-field stands and headed directly toward the Phillies' bullpen behind the center-field wall. Once the fan started climbing over, Papelbon ran over and held him up on the fence until center fielder Shane Victorino came over to help. Security officials ran out and took the man off the field.
In 2010, a teenager was Tasered in the outfield at Citizens bank Park after eluding security for about 30 seconds.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Philadelphia Phillies Giant Banner