Toronto's Luis Perez out for year
The team said Monday night Perez will get a second opinion before a course of action is determined. Tommy John surgery is often recommended for similar injuries.
Blue Jays starter Kyle Drabek is already out for the year after tearing the same ligament in his right elbow. He underwent Tommy John surgery last month.
The 27-year-old Perez was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with left elbow tightness. He left Toronto's 11-9 win over the Chicago White Sox with a team trainer in the seventh inning after giving up hits to Alex Rios and Alexei Ramirez.
He went 2-2 with a 3.43 ERA in 35 appearances this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Toronto Blue Jays Leader Royal Quarter-Zip Pullover