Roy Halladay to come off DL Tuesday
The right-hander has been sidelined by a strained right lat muscle since May 28. Team officials announced the plans Sunday.
Halladay passed the final test in his six-week rehab when he threw a bullpen session Saturday with no problems. He told reporters following that session that he felt fine. The team will have to make a corresponding roster move to make room for Halladay once he's activated.
Halladay is 4-5 with a 3.98 ERA in 11 starts this season. He left his May 27 start against St. Louis early because of shoulder soreness. A subsequent MRI revealed the muscle strain in the back of his right shoulder.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Youth Los Angeles Dodgers Clean Up Black Adjustable Hat