Roy Halladay to come off DL Tuesday
The right-hander has been sidelined by a strained right lat muscle since May 28. Team officials announced the plans Sunday.
Halladay passed the final test in his six-week rehab when he threw a bullpen session Saturday with no problems. He told reporters following that session that he felt fine. The team will have to make a corresponding roster move to make room for Halladay once he's activated.
Halladay is 4-5 with a 3.98 ERA in 11 starts this season. He left his May 27 start against St. Louis early because of shoulder soreness. A subsequent MRI revealed the muscle strain in the back of his right shoulder.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Los Angeles Dodgers Matt Kemp #27 Black T-Shirt