Jose Bautista making strides
TORONTO -- Injured Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista is recovering more quickly than expected from his sore left wrist and could be swinging a bat and hitting off the tee soon.
Manager John Farrell says Bautista is making good strides.
The All-Star outfielder was hurt July 16 at Yankee Stadium and placed on the 15-day disabled list the following day.
Also, Blue Jays right-hander Sergio Santos underwent season-ending surgery on his shoulder. Santos has been out since April 21.
Farrell also said an MRI on right-hander Jason Frasor (forearm), who was placed on the 15-day DL Saturday, showed no signs of a tear.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Toronto Blue Jays Runner Floor Mat