Phillies put Placido Polanco on DL
ATLANTA -- The Philadelphia Phillies have recalled infielder Kevin Frandsen from Triple-A Lehigh Valley after placing third baseman Placido Polanco on the 15-day disabled list with lower back inflammation.
The Phillies made the move with Polanco on Thursday, retroactive to Monday. Polanco is hitting .255 with only two homers and 19 RBIs in 82 games, including only .133 in 13 games in July.
Mike Fontenot was in the starting lineup at third base for Friday night's game against the Braves.
The 30-year-old Frandsen signed a minor league deal with the Phillies before the season. He has a .243 career batting average in five seasons with the Giants and Angels.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves B.J. Upton #2 Cool Base Home White Jersey w/ Patch