Brewers dismiss Stan Kyles
More From SweetSpot
There's always more to a story than we know, but on the surface the firing of Stan Kyles certainly appears to be the Brewers looking for a scapegoat, writes David Schoenfield. Blog
MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers have fired bullpen coach Stan Kyles following another meltdown by its relievers.
Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said Monday that the change was necessary to improve a bullpen that has recorded the most losses and blown saves in the major leagues.
Kyles had been the bullpen coach since 2009. He will be replaced in the interim by Lee Tunnel, who is in his fourth season with the Brewers as minor league pitching coordinator.
Brewers relievers have gone 15-26 with a 4.80 ERA this season. The Washington Nationals took advantage of the Brewers' beleaguered bullpen Sunday in an 11-10 win in 11 innings.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester, Ross carry Red Sox past White Sox
- Sizemore's scoop caps Yankees' triple play
- Cards' Wainwright 2-hits error-prone Nats
- Mattingly voices worry over threats to Puig
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Washington Nationals Breakers Scoop Neck Long Sleeve Shirt