Phillies not dealing pitcher Cliff Lee
There were rumblings Monday that the Texas Rangers were in the mix to acquire Lee before Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET non-waiver trade deadline.
A source told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney that the Phillies were looking for a significant package in return for Lee.
Lee went to Texas a few weeks before the trade deadline in 2010 and helped the club reach its first World Series. He then signed as a free agent with the Phillies for five years and $120 million. Lee, the American League Cy Young Award winner in 2008, has struggled this season and is 1-6 with a 3.95 ERA.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
- Tommy John stunned by surgery 'epidemic'
- Sosa to 'clear it up,' sad to miss Cubs party
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB on ESPN.com
- Majestic Youth Replica Philadelphia Phillies Cliff Lee #33 Home White Jersey