Phillies not dealing pitcher Cliff Lee
There were rumblings Monday that the Texas Rangers were in the mix to acquire Lee before Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET non-waiver trade deadline.
A source told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney that the Phillies were looking for a significant package in return for Lee.
Lee went to Texas a few weeks before the trade deadline in 2010 and helped the club reach its first World Series. He then signed as a free agent with the Phillies for five years and $120 million. Lee, the American League Cy Young Award winner in 2008, has struggled this season and is 1-6 with a 3.95 ERA.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
- Rays turn back Yanks behind Loney's 4 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB on ESPN.com
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Philadelphia Phillies Cliff Lee Royal T-Shirt