Tigers place Ryan Raburn on DL
Sunday's move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Detroit also recalled infielder Danny Worth from Triple-A Toledo.
Raburn is hitting .172 this year. He can play second base and the outfield, but the Tigers recently acquired Omar Infante in a trade, leaving less available playing time for Raburn in the infield.
Worth has hit .215 in 65 at-bats for Detroit. He has hit .277 in 36 games with Toledo this year.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Yankees' Nova leaves with injury, gets MRI
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Alvarez faces 1 over minimum, silences M's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Detroit Tigers Classic Full-Zip Navy Hoodie