Tigers place Ryan Raburn on DL
Sunday's move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Detroit also recalled infielder Danny Worth from Triple-A Toledo.
Raburn is hitting .172 this year. He can play second base and the outfield, but the Tigers recently acquired Omar Infante in a trade, leaving less available playing time for Raburn in the infield.
Worth has hit .215 in 65 at-bats for Detroit. He has hit .277 in 36 games with Toledo this year.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Detroit Tigers Laser Tag Plate