Charlie Sheen gives $50K to Reds
CINCINNATI -- Actor Charlie Sheen, a lifelong Cincinnati Reds fan, has pledged to donate $50,000 to the team's Community Fund, matching the amount broadcaster Marty Brennaman raised for charity in return for having his head shaved on the field.
Sheen and father Martin Sheen, a Dayton, Ohio, native, were at the Reds game against Pittsburgh on Friday and saw Brennaman get his head shaved. Brennaman had promised to shave his hair if the Reds won 10 consecutive games and said he would do it publicly if fans donated at least $20,000 to the Reds fund.
That drive generated $50,000, and Charlie Sheen -- on hand at Great American Ball Park for the entire weekend series, announced Sunday that he planned to match that amount.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Early brawl mars Brewers' win in 14 innings
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Red Sox notch walk-off victory on O's error
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cincinnati Reds Tom Seaver #41 White Cooperstown Jersey