Blue Jays pitchers to have surgery
The Blue Jays say the 21-year-old Hutchison will have Tommy John surgery performed by Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola, Fla.
The Lakeland, Fla., native was in his rookie season for Toronto with a 5-3 record with a 4.60 ERA in 11 starts.
The team says anticipated recovery time for Hutchison is one year.
The 30-year-old McGowan will visit Andrews on Wednesday and is scheduled for arthroscopic shoulder surgery to evaluate the right shoulder joint Thursday.
The Savannah, Ga., native had shoulder surgeries in 2008 and 2010.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Toronto Blue Jays Royal Sheen Tote