Blue Jays pitchers to have surgery
The Blue Jays say the 21-year-old Hutchison will have Tommy John surgery performed by Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola, Fla.
The Lakeland, Fla., native was in his rookie season for Toronto with a 5-3 record with a 4.60 ERA in 11 starts.
The team says anticipated recovery time for Hutchison is one year.
The 30-year-old McGowan will visit Andrews on Wednesday and is scheduled for arthroscopic shoulder surgery to evaluate the right shoulder joint Thursday.
The Savannah, Ga., native had shoulder surgeries in 2008 and 2010.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pujols goes yard twice to join 500 HR club
- Ellsbury helps Yankees romp in Fenway return
- Fernandez strikes out 14, wins pitchers' duel
- MLB suspends Gomez, Maldonado, others
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Toronto Blue Jays White Ice Jacket