Roberto Hernandez to start vs. Angels
Hernandez, formerly known as Fausto Carmona, has completed a three-week suspension by Major League Baseball for age and identity fraud. He was arrested in the Dominican Republic in January outside the U.S. consulate, where he had gone to renew his visa. It was discovered that Hernandez is 31 years old, three years older than his listed age.
Hernandez was prohibited from returning to the United States until he was granted a visa on July 21. He made four minor league rehab starts and Indians manager Manny Acta said Hernandez won't be on a pitch limit when he returns. The pitcher likely won't be activated until Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ortiz, Red Sox discuss one-year extension
- Yanks not angry at Cano, 'feel bad for him'
- Ellsbury goes from 'thorn' to Yanks' 'flower'
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Cleveland Indians White Ice Jacket