Chipper Jones, Brian McCann back
Jones was in the cleanup spot Saturday night against the Mets. The 40-year-old third baseman sat out the previous game with tightness in his back that he said was caused by an uncomfortable bed in his New York hotel room. He said he slept on the couch Friday night and his back was feeling better.
McCann had a cortisone shot in his sore right shoulder Tuesday and did not play Wednesday or Friday. The catcher said he felt all right Saturday and will probably need to manage the pain for the rest of the season.
Braves right-hander Tommy Hanson, on the 15-day disabled list since July 31 with a strained lower back, is scheduled to throw a maximum of 80 pitches Sunday in a rehab outing for Triple-A Gwinnett. That puts him on track to return to Atlanta's rotation next weekend against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Atlanta Braves Alternate Scarlet Replica Jersey