Chipper Jones, Brian McCann back
Jones was in the cleanup spot Saturday night against the Mets. The 40-year-old third baseman sat out the previous game with tightness in his back that he said was caused by an uncomfortable bed in his New York hotel room. He said he slept on the couch Friday night and his back was feeling better.
McCann had a cortisone shot in his sore right shoulder Tuesday and did not play Wednesday or Friday. The catcher said he felt all right Saturday and will probably need to manage the pain for the rest of the season.
Braves right-hander Tommy Hanson, on the 15-day disabled list since July 31 with a strained lower back, is scheduled to throw a maximum of 80 pitches Sunday in a rehab outing for Triple-A Gwinnett. That puts him on track to return to Atlanta's rotation next weekend against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pujols goes yard twice to join 500 HR club
- Ellsbury helps Yankees romp in Fenway return
- Fernandez strikes out 14, wins pitchers' duel
- MLB suspends Gomez, Maldonado, others
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Replica New York Yankees Brian McCann #34 Home White Jersey