Astros acquire RHP Kevin Comer
TORONTO -- The Blue Jays shipped right-handed pitcher Kevin Comer to the Houston Astros on Thursday to complete a 10-player trade made last month.
Toronto got pitchers J.A. Happ, Brandon Lyon and David Carpenter in the deal made July 20. Along with Comer, the Astros received Francisco Cordero and outfielder Ben Francisco, along with four minor-league players.
The 20-year-old Comer is in his first professional season, having posted a 3-3 record with a 3.95 ERA in 10 games, including seven starts, for Bluefield in the Appalachian League.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after head-first slide
- Phillies' Burnett (hernia) to pitch through pain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Women's Toronto Blue Jays Charm Watch