Astros acquire RHP Kevin Comer
TORONTO -- The Blue Jays shipped right-handed pitcher Kevin Comer to the Houston Astros on Thursday to complete a 10-player trade made last month.
Toronto got pitchers J.A. Happ, Brandon Lyon and David Carpenter in the deal made July 20. Along with Comer, the Astros received Francisco Cordero and outfielder Ben Francisco, along with four minor-league players.
The 20-year-old Comer is in his first professional season, having posted a 3-3 record with a 3.95 ERA in 10 games, including seven starts, for Bluefield in the Appalachian League.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Toronto Blue Jays Rogers Centre Silver Coin Card