Pirates begin postseason planning
PITTSBURGH -- The Pirates reached another milepost Friday on their road back to respectability.
Pittsburgh began mailing out instructions to their season ticketholders on how to buy tickets for postseason games. Also included in the mailing will be news of a price increase for 2013 tickets -- the cost of business for a winning team.
The Pirates haven't been to the postseason since 1992 -- which also was their last winning season -- or been in contention this late in the season since 1997 when they eventually finished second in the National League Central to Houston.
Pittsburgh trailed Cincinnati by six games in the NL Central going into Friday's play. However, they held a one-game lead over St. Louis and San Francisco for the second NL wild card.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
- Yankees top Rangers & Arencibia's 7 RBIs
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Pittsburgh Pirates 59Fifty 2014 All-Star Game Diamond Tech On-Field Hat