Carlos Ruiz eyes September return
The Phillies put Ruiz on the disabled list two weeks ago because of plantar fasciitis in the foot. Ruiz said Friday that "everything is all right" after meeting with his doctor this week.
The 33-year-old veteran was having a career year when he was injured, hitting .335 with 14 homers and 58 RBIs. Ruiz said the injury had slowed him down for at least two weeks.
He spoke Friday through an interpreter to reporters in South Williamsport after visiting the team from his native Panama playing at the Little League World Series. Ruiz said he encouraged the Little Leaguers to have fun and work hard.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Philadelphia Phillies Tie-Dye Black T-Shirt