Chris Getz (thumb) out for season
Getz was injured in the fifth inning on Friday night when he tried to bunt against the Chicago White Sox. The pitch hit his hand and the ball went foul.
Getz began the night batting .280 with no homers and 17 RBIs. He is scheduled to have surgery on his thumb Saturday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Kansas City Royals Eric Hosmer #35 Royal T-Shirt