Chris Getz (thumb) out for season
Getz was injured in the fifth inning on Friday night when he tried to bunt against the Chicago White Sox. The pitch hit his hand and the ball went foul.
Getz began the night batting .280 with no homers and 17 RBIs. He is scheduled to have surgery on his thumb Saturday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Chicago White Sox Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mats 2-Pack