Chris Getz (thumb) out for season
Getz was injured in the fifth inning on Friday night when he tried to bunt against the Chicago White Sox. The pitch hit his hand and the ball went foul.
Getz began the night batting .280 with no homers and 17 RBIs. He is scheduled to have surgery on his thumb Saturday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers' Iglesias says he has stress fractures
- Braves' Medlen, Beachy see Dr. Andrews
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Lefty Lee to start Phillies' opener at Texas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Chicago White Sox Tall Team Flag with Pole