Twins recall Liam Hendriks
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Minnesota Twins have recalled rookie Liam Hendriks from Triple-A Rochester to take the rotation spot opened when fellow right-hander Nick Blackburn was demoted to the minor league club.
The Twins announced Hendriks will start Wednesday in Oakland, where Blackburn originally was scheduled to face the Athletics.
Hendriks made eight starts over two previous stints this season with the Twins, but only two of them lasted at least six innings with three runs allowed or fewer. His ERA is 7.04, with 10 home runs surrendered in 38 1/3 innings. The 23-year-old Australian had a 6.17 ERA over four starts in 2011 with the Twins.
That's a stark contrast from the way he's pitched for the Red Wings. He's 9-3 with a 2.20 ERA in 16 starts.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Twins Carbon Logo Navy T-Shirt