Miguel Cabrera exits with sore ankle
DETROIT -- Miguel Cabrera has left Detroit's game Thursday against Toronto in the second inning with right ankle soreness.
The slugging third baseman appeared to grimace as he rounded first after flying out to right field in the first, but he went out to his position to start the second. After the second out of the inning -- a routine popup to first baseman Prince Fielder -- Tigers manager Jim Leyland and a trainer went out to check on Cabrera.
Cabrera then walked off the field and was replaced at third by Ramon Santiago.
Cabrera is hitting .326 with 31 home runs and 105 RBIs and has worked his way into the MVP discussion. He hasn't missed a game this year.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera #24 Home White Jersey