Miguel Cabrera exits with sore ankle
DETROIT -- Miguel Cabrera has left Detroit's game Thursday against Toronto in the second inning with right ankle soreness.
The slugging third baseman appeared to grimace as he rounded first after flying out to right field in the first, but he went out to his position to start the second. After the second out of the inning -- a routine popup to first baseman Prince Fielder -- Tigers manager Jim Leyland and a trainer went out to check on Cabrera.
Cabrera then walked off the field and was replaced at third by Ramon Santiago.
Cabrera is hitting .326 with 31 home runs and 105 RBIs and has worked his way into the MVP discussion. He hasn't missed a game this year.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Detroit Tigers #24 Miguel Cabrera Road Grey Replica Jersey