Ozzie Guillen to field 6-man rotation
MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins plan to use a six-man rotation for the rest of the season, manager Ozzie Guillen says.
Left-hander Wade LeBlanc will start Tuesday night against Milwaukee, pushing righty Jacob Turner back a day in a rotation that also includes Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Ricky Nolasco and Nate Eovaldi.
Guillen said the move is to keep Turner from throwing too many innings and risking an injury.
Reyes was hitting .281 with 11 HRs and 44 RBI heading into Monday's game against Milwaukee. Stanton was at .287 with 29 HRs and 73 RBI.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB on ESPN.com
- GameWear Miami Marlins Team-Colored Frozen Rope Bracelet