Chris Carpenter still on track
The 37-year-old right-hander said Friday that everything felt fine. The next step is a four-inning simulated game on Monday in San Diego, one inning more than he threw on Tuesday.
Carpenter underwent surgery in July to relieve nerve compression that resulted in numbness on much of the right side of his body.
General manager John Mozeliak has said that if Carpenter returns, it'll be as a starter.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Boston Red Sox White Cooperstown Jersey