Chris Carpenter still on track
The 37-year-old right-hander said Friday that everything felt fine. The next step is a four-inning simulated game on Monday in San Diego, one inning more than he threw on Tuesday.
Carpenter underwent surgery in July to relieve nerve compression that resulted in numbness on much of the right side of his body.
General manager John Mozeliak has said that if Carpenter returns, it'll be as a starter.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
- Court rules MLB can depose A-Rod's cousin
- Source: Red Sox acquire Herrera from Rockies
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's St. Louis Cardinals Navy Scrum T-Shirt