Jason Hammel injures knee again
Hammel left in the fourth inning after throwing a pitch to Matt Joyce. He had retired 11 of 13 batters.
Hammel was making his second start since returning from the disabled list after arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in mid-July.
In his first start since July 13, Hammel allowed one run in five innings against the New York Yankees on Thursday. He said his knee felt fine after the game.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Tampa Bay Rays Matt Joyce #20 Home White Jersey