Nats' Michael Morse sidelined
NEW YORK -- Left fielder Michael Morse is out of the starting lineup for the Washington Nationals' game against the New York Mets after he was diagnosed with a torn cuff and a bone bruise in his left wrist.
Morse injured his right thumb Aug. 13 during an at-bat in San Francisco. Nationals manager Davey Johnson says Morse may have overcompensated with his left hand after that injury.
Johnson said Wednesday that Morse has been trying to play through it, and he wishes the slugger would have said something.
Morse is hitting .239 (21 for 88) since then, dropping his season average to .285. He is to see a specialist in the Baltimore area.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Washington Nationals Season Pass Navy Synthetic Polo